Sunday, July 19, 2009

Rhonda Dossett's Book Tour Disaster Story

"My very first book-signing was at a small library near where I work. Six weeks ahead of time I'd ordered a box of books from my publisher, just for this event. The box arrived in plenty of time. I didn't open the box, ! just stored it with my book cover posters, easel, bookmarks, etc. About twenty minutes before we were to leave, I decided to cut open the box of books there at my office, instead of having to take a knife or scissors with me to the library. A minute later, I was standing there in the parking lot, knife in hand, looking down into the trunk of my car at the opened box of books. My publisher had mistakenly sent me 30 copies of another author's books. My first thought was, 'I haven't even read this book, how will I talk about it for 30 minutes?' My second thought was not one that can be printed. But everything turned out okay. My secretary went around the office and confiscated all the copies I had previously sold to co-workers."

- Rhonda Dossett, (who writes with Marian Edelman Borden as "Evelyn David") author of "Murder Takes the Cake"

With thanks to Wendy Burt-Thomas for contacting Rhonda to share this anecdote with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment